Farmers’ Market Promotion Matching Grant Program
The Farmers’ Market Matching Grant Program is a reimbursement grant program funded through the Missouri Department of Agriculture. This grant awards up to $1,000 for reimbursement of expenses associated with promoting Missouri’s farmers’ markets. Projects should promote the farmers’ market in the local community and improve understanding, perception, knowledge of and location of the market. Projects must be matched on at least a dollar for dollar basis to meet eligibility.
This is a competitive grant program and funds may be used to:
- Support the farmers’ markets promotion and advertisement.
- Provide awareness to communities about the farmers’ market locations, times of operation and products sold.
Examples of eligible expenses:
- Digital and written media
- Graphic Design
Examples of ineligible expenses:
- Food purchase
- Salaries/payroll for employees
- Donations/contributions to fundraisers
- Reprinting of existing promotional materials or labels already utilized by the farmers’ market
General Information and Submission Guidelines
Maximum award amount: $1,000
Deadline for submission: March 1, 2017
Anticipated award date: March 15, 2017
Reimbursement requests must be received by: May 15, 2017
- Only Missouri farmers’ markets are eligible to participate in this matching grant.
- Paid receipts are required for any funds to be dispersed.
- Applicants must show how matching funds will be contributed through the project as cash, in-kind or other.
- Promotional items must include the “Missouri Grown” logo for reimbursement.
- Evidence of completed promotional materials/projects must be included with the Project Inspection Notice.
- Priority will be given to farmers’ markets that did not receive funds in 2016.
Applications may be submitted to:
Missouri Department of Agriculture
2017 Farmers’ Market Promotion Matching Grant
Ag Business Development Division
1616 Missouri Blvd.
Jefferson City, Mo. 65109
Or electronically to: