Farmers’ Market Promotion Matching Grant Program
The Farmers’ Market Matching Grant Program is a reimbursement grant program funded through the Missouri Department of Agriculture. This grant awards up to $1,000 for reimbursement of expenses associated with promoting Missouri’s farmers’ markets. Projects should promote the farmers’ market in the local community and improve understanding, perception, knowledge of and location of the market. Projects must be matched on at least a dollar for dollar basis to meet eligibility.
This is a competitive grant program and funds may be used to:
- Support the farmers’ markets promotion and advertisement.
- Provide awareness to communities about the farmers’ market locations, times of operation and products sold.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) defines a farmers’ market as a “Market that features two or more farm vendors selling agricultural products directly to customers at a common, recurrent physical location.”
Examples of eligible expenses:
- Advertisement and Marketing – digital, radio or print advertising
- Graphic Design
Examples of ineligible expenses:
- Food purchase
- Salaries/payroll for employees
- Donations/contributions to fundraisers
- Reprinting of existing promotional materials or labels already utilized by the farmers’ market
General Information and Submission Guidelines
Maximum award amount: Up to $1,000
Deadline for submission: February 15, 2019
Anticipated award date: March 1, 2019
Reimbursement requests must be received by: May 15, 2019
- Only Missouri farmers’ markets are eligible to participate in this matching grant.
- Farmers’ Markets must register as a member of the AgriMissouri Program.
- Paid receipts are required for any funds to be dispersed. All invoices must include proof of payment and a $0 balance.
- Applicants must show how matching funds will be contributed through the project as cash, in-kind or other.
- Promotional items must include the “Missouri Grown” logo for reimbursement.
- Digital media or radio advertisements must include a written script including a similar statement to “This ad is brought to you by the Missouri Grown program”.
- Evidence of completed promotional materials/projects must be included with the Project Inspection Notice.
- Priority will be given to farmers’ markets that are using funds to expand their marketing budget and to those not awarded funds in 2018.
- Failure to complete and postmark documentation by May 15, 2019 may result in the forfeiture of funds.
- Applicant must provide at minimum a $1:$1 match for the project.
- Matching funds can be cash match or a combination of cash and in-kind.
- Cash match must be greater than 50% of the total match provided by the market.
- The “Missouri Grown” logo is a registered trademark of the Missouri Department of Agriculture and cannot be altered in any way.
- Farmers’ Markets awarded funding may use the “Missouri Grown” logo according to the approval provided within the grant award.
- Use of the “Missouri Grown” logo by individual vendors requires prior authorization by the Missouri Department of Agriculture.
Applications may be submitted to:
Missouri Department of Agriculture
2018 Farmers’ Market Promotion Matching Grant
Ag Business Development Division
1616 Missouri Blvd.
Jefferson City, Mo. 65109
Or electronically to: