Missouri Industrial Hemp Fiber Processing Grant
The Missouri Department of Agriculture is now accepting applications for the Missouri Industrial Hemp Fiber Processing Grant. The grant was created to support the hemp fiber industry, increase processing capacity of value-added fiber products and address supply chain issues. Projects should aim to increase production capacity of processed hemp fiber.
The Missouri General Assembly appropriated $700,000 to help build Missouri’s industrial hemp fiber processing infrastructure. Increased hemp fiber processing capacity will create additional marketing opportunities for Missouri’s industrial hemp producers. The maximum award amount will be $200,000, with a minimum 25% cash match required.
Maximum $200,000 Reimbursement Grant with a minimum 25% cash match
- Industrial hemp fiber processors are eligible. All recipients must provide documentation to the Department by December 31, 2022 demonstrating an actual increase in fiber processing production between 2021 and 2022. Funds may be recaptured by the Department if the grant recipient does not increase fiber processing capacity by December 31, 2022.
- Headquartered in Missouri
Expenses eligible for reimbursement are limited to equipment used for processing industrial hemp fiber and direct costs for the installation of such equipment.
Ineligible expenses include, but are not limited to:
- Expenses that have been or will be reimbursed under any federal, state, or local government funding
- Expenses that have been or will be reimbursed by insurance
- Land acquisition or lease
- Building construction at new and existing facilities
- Building acquisition
- Capital improvements
- Feasibility studies
- Marketing expenses
- Grant proposal preparation cost
October 1, 2021:
October 22, 2021:
November 8, 2021:
March 1, 2022:
April 1, 2022:
December 31, 2022:
Last day to submit an application
Applicants notified of acceptance or denial
Last day that eligible expenses may be incurred for reimbursement
Progress report and reimbursement request submitted to the Department
Documentation demonstrating an actual increase in industrial hemp fiber processing production to the Department
The Missouri Industrial Hemp Fiber Processing Grant Application is available. To learn more about the Missouri Department of Agriculture and other financial opportunities available to farmers, ranchers and small businesses, visit Agriculture.Mo.Gov.