Focus on Missouri Agriculture Photo Contest
2018 Focus on Missouri Agriculture Photo Contest
Send us your best snapshots of Missouri Agriculture for this year’s Focus on Missouri Agriculture photo contest! Last year, we had a record breaking 1,350 entries received showcasing Missourians’ passion for and commitment to the state’s No. 1 economic generator – agriculture.
Contest entries will be displayed in the Agriculture Building at the 2018 Missouri State Fair in Sedalia.
Photos will be accepted through Thursday, June 15, 2018.
Eligibility – The contest is open to any amateur photographer and a special prize will be awarded to the best photo submitted by a child, age 12 and under. Photographers may submit up to three entries per category, and the entries must show some aspect of agriculture including food production or agritourism in Missouri.
Want to check out this year’s competition? Check out our Flickr stream at http://flickr.com/moagriculture.
Beauty of the Farm – Missouri is home to lush landscapes, rolling hills and stunning sunsets all found right in our very own backyards. The beauty of the farm is captured through a love and respect of the land and a dedication to a better tomorrow. Enter photographs that show the pictorial, scenic or graphic nature of Missouri farms, farming or agricultural products and represent the beauty of your farm.
Faces of the Farm – Individual people coming together with their unique personalities, ideas and work ethics are what make Missouri great. We want to see the portraits of Missouri’s farmers, farm families and people who make agriculture great doing what they do best – working! The story of agriculture is often told in the people who work and live on the land, so show us the faces of your farm.
The Farmer’s Life – The life of a farmer is unique and always interesting. With everything always on the move, photos help capture the humor, drama and fun of the farm that makes this lifestyle worth living. Work, play, friendship or farm families sharing their love for one another – it’s all about the farmer’s life!
Farm Selfie – We know life on the farm can be unpredictable. Sometimes you don’t have time to grab your camera and line up the perfect shot that describes your feelings towards Missouri agriculture. With the farm selfie category, we encourage you to pull out your smartphone, snap a selfie in those surprise moments, and capture the authenticity of life on the farm.
Pride of the Farm – There is a lot to be proud of when it comes to Missouri’s farms and ranches. We know you are pleased with your trusty tractors, lush fields, healthy livestock and all the hard work that goes into them – so don’t be shy and show them off! Showcase what makes you proud to be a Missouri farmer.
Children’s Barnyard – We are amazed by the talent of the children here in Missouri. Through 4-H or encouragement for their parents, children across the state are taking incredible photos of what agriculture means to them. That’s why we created a category just for children ages 12 and younger to showcase what they are doing on the farm and in their communities.
Open to children ages 12 and younger. All types of agriculture and farming-related pictures are eligible. Parent/Guardian approval required.
The photographer taking this year’s Best of Show photo, and all four category winners (first place only), will enjoy a plethora of Missouri products provided by contest sponsor Missouri Grown. Winners may redeem their prizes at the Missouri Grown Market at the 2018 Missouri State Fair:
Best of Show - $150 Missouri Grown Market Gift Card + canvas print of winning photo
Category Winner - $50 Missouri Grown Market Gift Certificate + canvas print of winning photo
- Beauty of the Farm
- Faces of the Farm
- The Farmer’s Life
- Pride of the Farm
- Farm Selfie
Entries submitted by photographers age 12 and under are eligible for separate judging. The winner of the Children’s Barnyard category will receive a $50 gift card to the Missouri Grown Market.
Children’s Barnyard Winner - $50 Missouri Grown Market Gift Certificate + canvas print of winning photo
Children’s Barnyard Honorable Mention – Canvas print of winning photo
How to Enter:
- • Submit up to three JPG/JPEG digital files per category no later than June 15, 2018
- Use our online form at http://agriculture.mo.gov/focus/submit
* Maximum file size to use online form is 10MB
- Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please provide the following in the e-mail:
- Selected Category
- Photographer’s Name
- Photographer’s Hometown
- Photographer’s Contact Information (phone number & e-mail)
- Brief description of your photo(s), explaining the content and where and when each photo was taken
* Submitting your photo(s) is an agreement of all terms and conditions set forth in the guidelines.
- Photos must show some aspect of agriculture including food production or agritourism in Missouri.
- Photos must have been produced in Missouri since January 1, 2015, by the person submitting the image.
- Limit of three entries per category per photographer.
- Photographers may receive the “First Place” award in only one category
- 5.) Significant digital manipulation of photos is not allowed. Normal cropping, color correction, etc. are acceptable.
- 6.) Employees of the Missouri Department of Agriculture and their immediate families are not eligible.
- 7.) Photos entered in the contest may appear on the Missouri Department of Agriculture’s website, Flickr page and in Department publications. Winning photographs will be displayed at the Missouri State Fair.
Best in Show:
“End of a Harvest Day” by Marian Frizzell of Laclede, Mo.
Beauty of the Farm:
- 1st Place: “Barbwire Sunset” by Carla Hayes of Everton, Mo.
- Runner-up: “Pond Reflection” by Caitlin Jedlicka of Koshkonong, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Frosty Sunrise” by Cheri Messerli of California, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Fall on the Farm” by Cheryl Sloan of Cameron, Mo.
Faces of the Farm:
- 1st Place: “I'm Watching You” by Davin Stanley of Carrollton, Mo.
- Runner-up: “Maggie” by Colene McWilliams of Warrensburg, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Tall Tales” by Dan Borders of Chesterfield, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “How Many Days?” by Laurie Link of Meadville, Mo.
- 1st Place: “Sweet Duck” by Leah Stuart of Perry, Mo.
- Runner-up: “Beauty in the Flowers” by Devyn Keller of Farber, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Shadow Selfie” by Donna Lindahl of Knob Noster, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Oh My Goat” by Allison Fix of Carthage, Mo.
The Farmer's Life:
- 1st Place: “Reflecting Pool” by Tyler Mudd of Monroe City, Mo.
- Runner-up: “How's the Harvest?” by Mary McClanahan of Stewartsville, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Preparing for Planting” by Nova Hughes of Bolckow, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Midnight Oil” by Caitlin Jedlicka of Koshkonong, Mo.
Pride of the Farm:
- 1st Place: “Aerial Harvest” by Michael Edwards of Sedalia, Mo.
- Runner-up: “Soybean Harvest” by Nova Hughes of Bolckow, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Angus Calf” by Kathy Wilkerson of Wappapello, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “A Fresh Start” by Rebecca Stroud of Philadelphia, Mo.
- 1st Place: “Daddy Checking Seed” by Kendall Link of Meadville, Mo.
- Runner-up: “My Old Rooster” by Austin Petzoldt of Jackson, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Old, but Loved” by Emma Bell of Bucklin, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “My Girl” by Samuel Jordan of Country Club, Mo.