Focus on Missouri Agriculture Photo Contest
Focus on Missouri Agriculture Photo Contest
Send us your best snapshots of Missouri agriculture for this year’s Focus on Missouri Agriculture photo contest! Last year, more than 850 entries were received showcasing Missourians’ passion for and commitment to the state’s No. 1 economic generator – agriculture.
Contest entries will be displayed in the Agriculture Building at the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia, Aug. 11-21, 2016, and winners will be recognized at the 2016 Missouri Governor’s Conference on Agriculture.
Photos will be accepted through Wednesday, June 15, 2016.
Eligibility – The contest is open to any amateur photographer and a special prize will be awarded to the best photo submitted by a child, age 12 and under. Photographers may submit up to three entries per category, and the entries must show some aspect of agriculture including food production or agritourism in Missouri.
Want to check out this year’s competition? Check out our Flickr stream at http://flickr.com/moagriculture.
Beauty of the Farm – Enter photographs that show the pictorial, scenic or graphic nature of Missouri farms, farming or agricultural products. Whether it’s a stunning agricultural landscape, an aerial shot of harvest, a sunrise over the barnyard, the play of shadow and light from a hay rake or a cornucopia of fresh produce bursting with color, we’re looking for your interpretation of beauty on the farm.
Faces of the Farm – We want to see portraits of Missouri’s farmers, farm families and the people who make agriculture great. It might be a toothy-grinned smile of a child beaming over a slice of watermelon or the weathered face of an old farm hand, but the story of agriculture is often told in the people who work and live on the land. Show us the faces of your farm.
The Farmer’s Life – Capture the humor, drama and fun of the farm through your photos. Whether it’s a picture of a delicious home-grown meal, grape pickers filling their baskets in the early morning sun, a farmer racing a storm to bring in the crop or cowboys breaking a stallion, we want to see the activities of agriculture. Work, play, friendship or farm families sharing their love for one another – they all fit.
Pride of the Farm – It doesn’t matter whether it’s green or red, show us your pride-and-joy tractor in the field, your trusty farm truck that helps you get the job done or any other way you use equipment and machinery to make your job easier.
Farm Selfie – We know life on the farm can be unpredictable: the welcoming of a newborn calf at midnight, a tractor getting stuck in springtime mud or simply spending time with the family. When those moments occur, pull out your smartphone, snap a selfie and submit it.
Children’s Barnyard – Open to children ages 12 and younger. All types of agriculture and farming-related pictures are eligible.
The photographer taking this year’s Best of Show photo, and all five category winners, will enjoy a plethora of Missouri-made products provided by contest sponsor AgriMissouri. Prizes will be awarded as following:
Best of Show - $150 AgriMissouri Market Gift Card + canvas print of winning photo
Category Winner - $50 AgriMissouri Market Gift Certificate + canvas print of winning photo
Beauty of the Farm
Faces of the Farm
The Farmer’s Life
Pride of the Farm
Entries submitted by photographers age 12 and under are eligible for separate judging. The winner of the Children’s Barnyard category will receive a $50 gift card to the AgriMissouri Market at the 2016 Missouri Governor’s Conference on Agriculture.
Children’s Barnyard Winner - $50 AgriMissouri Market Gift Certificate + canvas print of winning photo
Children’s Barnyard Honorable Mention – Canvas print of winning photo
How to Enter (two options):
- Submit up to three JPG/JPEG digital files per category no later than June 15, 2016
- Use our online form at http://agriculture.mo.gov/focus/submit
* Maximum file size to use online form is 10MB
- Email to email@example.com
- Please provide the following in the e-mail:
- Selected Category
- Photographer’s Name
- Photographer’s Hometown
- Photographer’s Contact Information (phone number & e-mail)
- Brief description of your photo(s), explaining the content and where and when each photo was taken
* Submitting your photo(s) is an agreement of all terms and conditions set forth in the guidelines.
- Photos must show some aspect of agriculture including food production or agritourism in Missouri.
- Photos must have been produced in Missouri since Jan. 1, 2013, by the person submitting the image.
- Limit of three entries per category per photographer.
- Photographers may receive the “First Place” award in only one category
- Significant digital manipulation of photos is not allowed. Normal cropping, color correction, etc. are acceptable.
- Employees of the Missouri Department of Agriculture and their immediate families are not eligible.
- Photos entered in the contest may appear on the Missouri Department of Agriculture’s website, Flickr page and in Department publications. Winning photographs will be displayed at the Missouri State Fair and the Missouri Governor’s Conference on Agriculture.
A portrait of harvesting a cornfield at dusk is the Best in Show in the 2015 Focus on Missouri Agriculture Photo Contest, hosted by the Missouri Department of Agriculture. The photograph, submitted by Ashley Franken of Pilot Grove, Mo., was chosen from among the record-breaking 850 photos submitted by amateur photographers from across Missouri.
All the photos entered in this year’s contest can be found on the Department's Flickr stream.