Urban & Non-Traditional Agriculture Matching Grant Program
The Urban & Non-Traditional Agriculture Matching Grant Program funded through the Missouri Department of Agriculture, awards grants of up to $7,500 for reimbursement of expenses associated with urban and non-traditional agriculture. Urban and non-traditional agriculture encompass urban agricultural projects and non-traditional agricultural activities which may include introducing new crop or product to an area, expanding the use of or adding value to agricultural products. Projects should assist the development of small agribusinesses, production infrastructure, direct distribution venues and workforce development. Projects that demonstrate an economic benefit and potential for sustainable revenue generation and job creation will be given priority.
This is a competitive grant program and funds may be used to:
- Assist farmers’ markets, develop small agribusinesses and implement production infrastructure, direct distribution venues and agricultural workforce development.
- Provide training and develop skills for agricultural business sustainability.
Examples of eligible expenses:
- Business plan development
- Project-approved supplies
Examples of ineligible expenses:
- Food purchase
- Salaries/payroll for employees
- Donations/contributions to fundraisers
- Supplies/expenses not previously approved
General Information and Submission Guidelines
Program funds available:
Maximum award amount:
Deadline for submission:
Anticipated award date:
Reimbursement requests must be received by:
up to $86,840
October 1, 2017
May 1, 2018
- Applicant must provide at minimum a $1:$1 match for the project
- Matching funds can be in-kind or cash match
- Cash match must be greater than 50% of total match.
|Description||Grant Request||Cash Match||In-Kind Match||Total|
|Ex. Business plan development||$1,000||$600||$400||$2,000|
Successful applicants must submit ALL required completed documentation including detailed paid receipts/invoices, final report and completion notice no later than May 1, 2018. Reimbursements will only be made for expenditures accrued during the grant period and for receipts submitted for approved project. Invoices must show proof of payment. Receipts must include purchase details.
Projects must be ready for inspection and inspected by Missouri Department of Agriculture staff prior to reimbursement of any funds. Project inspections will be completed by June 1, 2018.
Available funds are for the current 2018 fiscal year. Failure to complete documentation by May 1, 2018, may result in forfeiture of funds.
Applications may be submitted to:
Missouri Department of Agriculture – Urban & Non-Traditional Agriculture Matching Grants
Ag Business Development
Attn: Rachel Heimericks
P.O. Box 630
Jefferson City, MO 65102
FAX: (573) 751-2868
Or electronically to: