Focus on Missouri Agriculture Photo Contest
2020 Focus on Missouri Agriculture Photo Contest
Send us your best snapshots of Missouri Agriculture for this year’s Focus on Missouri Agriculture photo contest! Last year, we received over 1,200 entries showcasing Missourians’ passion for and commitment to the state’s No. 1 economic generator – agriculture.
Contest winners will be displayed in the Agriculture Building at the 2020 Missouri State Fair in Sedalia.
Eligibility – The contest is open to any amateur photographer and a special prize will be awarded to the best photo submitted by a child, age 12 and under. Photographers may submit up to three entries per category, and the entries must show some aspect of agriculture including food production or agritourism in Missouri.
Want to check out this year’s competition? Check out our Flickr stream at http://flickr.com/moagriculture.
Beauty of the Farm – Missouri is home to lush landscapes, rolling hills and stunning sunsets all found right in our very own backyards. The beauty of the farm is captured through a love and respect of the land and a dedication to a better tomorrow. Enter photographs that show the pictorial, scenic or graphic nature of Missouri farms, farming or agricultural products and represent the beauty of your farm.
Faces of the Farm – Individual people coming together with their unique personalities, ideas and work ethics are what make Missouri great. We want to see the portraits of Missouri’s farmers, farm families and people who make agriculture great doing what they do best – working! The story of agriculture is often told in the people who work and live on the land, so show us the faces of your farm.
The Farmer’s Life – The life of a farmer is unique and always interesting. With everything always on the move, photos help capture the humor, drama and fun of the farm that makes this lifestyle worth living. Work, play, friendship or farm families sharing their love for one another – it’s all about the farmer’s life!
Pride of the Farm – There is a lot to be proud of when it comes to Missouri’s farms and ranches. We know you are pleased with your trusty tractors, lush fields, healthy livestock and all the hard work that goes into them – so don’t be shy and show them off! Showcase what makes you proud to be a Missouri farmer.
Children’s Barnyard – We are amazed by the talent of the children here in Missouri. Through 4-H or encouragement for their parents, children across the state are taking incredible photos of what agriculture means to them. That’s why we created a category just for children ages 12 and younger to showcase what they are doing on the farm and in their communities.
Open to children ages 12 and younger. All types of agriculture and farming-related pictures are eligible. Parent/Guardian approval required.
Best in Show:
“Weathering the Storm” by Christine Peper of Jefferson City, Mo.
- “Wheat Harvest” by Megan Schafer of Martinsburg, Mo.
First Family's Choice:
- “All Smiles While Feeding the Cows” by Amy Willard of Hunnewell, Mo.
Beauty of the Farm:
- 1st Place: “Wheat Harvest” by Megan Schafer of Martinsburg, Mo.
- Runner-up: “Evening Reflections” by Alisha Hudson of Palmyra, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Just Henning Around” by Alisha Hudson of Palmyra, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “High Cotton” by Brittany Dawson of Portageville, Mo.
Faces of the Farm:
- 1st Place: “Hold ‘Em" by Holly Brown of Webb City, Mo.
- Runner-up: “AssKickin” by Jeni Stock of Russellville, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “All Smiles While Feeding the Cows” by Amy Willard of Hunnewell, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Fence Work” by Pam Thompson of Lohman, Mo.
The Farmer's Life:
- 1st Place: “Supervision” by Lindsey Orphan of House Springs, Mo.
- Runner-up: “If These Hands Could Talk” by Karrie Webb of Unionville, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “All Angles of Life” by Jody Teague of Cole Camp, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “The Leaders” by Jody Teague of Cole Camp, Mo.
Pride of the Farm:
- 1st Place: “New Friends” by Carolyn Buhman of Clarksdale, Mo.
- Runner-up: “God’s Country” by Brittany Dawson of Portageville, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Beans With a View” by Pam Thompson of Lohman, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Sunset Cattle” by Carla Hayes of Everton, Mo.
- 1st Place: “Wayline in the Snow” by Beau Ann Graves of Chillicothe, Mo.
- Runner-up: “Just Born” by Amelia Rohrbach of Fulton, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Parker the Goat” by James Reid of Brunswick, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Just Around the Bin” by Ryder Phillippe of Savannah, Mo.
Photo submitted to the 2020 Focus on Missouri Agriculture Photo Contest can be found on the Department’s Flickr stream.