Focus on Missouri Agriculture Photo Contest
2019 Focus on Missouri Agriculture Photo Contest
The contest for 2019 has closed. Check back soon for more information on the 2020 Focus on Missouri Agriculture Photo Contest!
Beauty of the Farm – Missouri is home to lush landscapes, rolling hills and stunning sunsets all found right in our very own backyards. The beauty of the farm is captured through a love and respect of the land and a dedication to a better tomorrow. Enter photographs that show the pictorial, scenic or graphic nature of Missouri farms, farming or agricultural products and represent the beauty of your farm.
Faces of the Farm – Individual people coming together with their unique personalities, ideas and work ethics are what make Missouri great. We want to see the portraits of Missouri’s farmers, farm families and people who make agriculture great doing what they do best – working! The story of agriculture is often told in the people who work and live on the land, so show us the faces of your farm.
The Farmer’s Life – The life of a farmer is unique and always interesting. With everything always on the move, photos help capture the humor, drama and fun of the farm that makes this lifestyle worth living. Work, play, friendship or farm families sharing their love for one another – it’s all about the farmer’s life!
Farm Selfie – We know life on the farm can be unpredictable. Sometimes you don’t have time to grab your camera and line up the perfect shot that describes your feelings towards Missouri agriculture. With the farm selfie category, we encourage you to pull out your smartphone, snap a selfie in those surprise moments, and capture the authenticity of life on the farm.
Pride of the Farm – There is a lot to be proud of when it comes to Missouri’s farms and ranches. We know you are pleased with your trusty tractors, lush fields, healthy livestock and all the hard work that goes into them – so don’t be shy and show them off! Showcase what makes you proud to be a Missouri farmer.
Children’s Barnyard – We are amazed by the talent of the children here in Missouri. Through 4-H or encouragement for their parents, children across the state are taking incredible photos of what agriculture means to them. That’s why we created a category just for children ages 12 and younger to showcase what they are doing on the farm and in their communities.
Open to children ages 12 and younger. All types of agriculture and farming-related pictures are eligible. Parent/Guardian approval required.
Best in Show:
“Reflections” by Wanda Moore of Cabool, Mo.
- “Years of Experience” by Gabrielle Deimeke of Auxvasse, Mo.
First Family's Choice:
- “Bottle Calves Are a Girl’s Best Friend” Christa Rhoads of Linn, Mo.
Beauty of the Farm:
- 1st Place: “Spring Sky” by Matthew Burdick of Columbia, Mo.
- Runner-up: “Days Gone By” by Steven Eichelberger of Columbia, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Odd Man Out” by Brooke Rowden of Russellville, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Christmas Morning” by Karrie Webb of Unionville, Mo.
Faces of the Farm:
- 1st Place: “Years of Experience” by Gabrielle Deimeke of Auxvasse, Mo.
- Runner-up: “Papa’s Helper” by Nova Hughes of Bolckow, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Bottle Calves Are a Girl’s Best Friend” by Christa Rhoads of Linn, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Walter” by Rebecca Steinhoff of Spickard, Mo.
- 1st Place: “Kiss Me” by Andrea Simms of Pleasant Hill, Mo.
- Runner-up: “Best Buds” by Emily Meneely of Wheeling, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “I Love My Cows!” by Ashton Atteberry of Conway, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Baldy Baby” by Keitha Hokanson of Fair Grove, Mo.
The Farmer's Life:
- 1st Place: “The Helping Hands” by Lindsey Orphan of House Springs, Mo.
- Runner-up: “It’s a Start” by Charlie Ebbesmeyer of Armstrong, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Haybarn Burning” by Lydia Wagy of Glasgow, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Beekeeping” by Christine Boyd of Manchester, Mo.
Pride of the Farm:
- 1st Place: “Derb, a Man of Orange” by Madison Nolte of Chamois, Mo.
- Runner-up: “Teaching the Young” by Sidney Segar of Polo, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Working ‘Til the Cows Come Home” by Donna Gordon of Camden Point, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Hay Girls” by Dacey Colbert of Centertown, Mo.
- 1st Place: “Curious Little Lamb” by Marin Mallory of Perry, Mo.
- Runner-up: “Charles” by Amos Phillips of Kahoka, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Ewe Talkin’ to Me?” by Taylor Miller of Sturgeon, Mo.
- Honorable Mention: “Horses at Sunset” by Addison Emmendorfer of Savannah, Mo.
All the photos entered in this year’s contest can be found on the Department's Flickr stream.