Building Our American Communities (BOAC) Grant Program
Each year, the Building Our American Communities (BOAC) Grant Program provides grants to Missouri 4-H clubs and FFA chapters for projects aimed at developing and advancing Missouri’s rural communities. Recipients of the 2020 BOAC program have been chosen and are listed below.
Projects may include improvements to existing facilities, grounds or buildings used by local organizations in the applicant’s community. Past BOAC grant projects have included improvements for local fairgrounds, community vegetable gardens, rural intersections and parks, as well as renovations for damaged and aged public use structures in rural communities, including those used by local 4-H and FFA groups.
BOAC grants of up to $500 have been awarded to 10 Missouri FFA chapters and 11 4-H clubs to support projects that benefit an agricultural community and/or promote community development. The 2020 BOAC grant recipients are:
- Brookfield FFA, Brookfield (Linn County)
- Bucklin FFA, Bucklin (Linn County)
- California FFA, California (Moniteau County)
- Versailles FFA, Versailles (Morgan County)
- South Harrison FFA, Bethany (Harrison County)
- Carthage FFA, Carthage (Jasper County)
- El Dorado Springs FFA, El Dorado Springs (Cedar County)
- Warrenton FFA, Warrenton (Warren County)
- Fredericktown FFA, Fredericktown (Madison County)
- Ste. Genevieve FFA, Ste. Genevieve (Ste. Genevieve County)
- Elkhorn 4-H, Warrenton (Warren County)
- Mitchelville 4-H, New Hampton (Harrison County)
- Helena Happy Hustlers 4-H, Helena (Andrew County)
- Silver Spurs 4-H, Versailles (Morgan County)
- Shamrock 4-H, California (Moniteau County)
- Westran Ramblers 4-H, Huntsville (Randolph County)
- Busy Busy Beavers 4-H, Moberly (Randolph County)
- Osage River 4-H, Schell City (Cedar County)
- Eudora 4-H, Dadeville (Polk County)
- Ste. Gen 4-H Swine Club, Ste. Genevieve (Ste. Genevieve County)
- Fredericktown Farmers 4-H, Fredericktown (Madison County)
Up to 12, 4-H BOAC grants and 12, FFA BOAC grants (two in each of the six districts) are awarded annually.
The deadline to submit the 2019 BOAC Completion Notice is Aug. 1, 2020.