MDA Services to Missouri Exporters
Here's what the Missouri Department of Agriculture can do for Missouri farmers, food processors, agricultural businesses and forest product companies.
- Missouri's International Offices - Firms and farms are encouraged to take advantage of Missouri's International Trade Office in Taiwan.
- Dollars - We can help find financial assistance for international marketing activities available to food processors and livestock genetic producers. The Market Access Program (MAP) is a USDA-sponsored reimbursement program for approved international promotional activities. The program focuses on small-and medium-sized processed food, food ingredients, pet food, and animal feed ingredient exporters.
- Export Consultation - We provide one-on-one consultations and export seminars.
- Export Documentation - Our office can provide your company with Certificates of Free Sale and assist with other documents required by the importing country. More information on export certificates is available on this page below.
- Finding Buyers - We often bring international buyers to Missouri to acquaint them with producers and their products. Our staff also organizes international trade missions.
- Trade Leads - Our staff will forward trade leads to appropriate Missouri companies.
- Trade Shows - We offer booth space to Missouri firms at international trade shows.
- Memberships - We are members of the American Hardwood Export Council, Hardwood States Export Group, U.S. Grains Council, U.S. Soybean Export Council, Southern Cotton Ginner’s Association, Food Export Association of the Midwest and the United States Livestock and Genetics Export (USLGE).
For further information contact the Business Development Program.
Some countries require a Certificate of Free Sale and/or a Health & Sanitary Certificate to accompany agricultural products, and the Missouri Department of Agriculture is pleased that we can continue to provide this export documentation and assistance at no cost to Missouri-based companies and Missouri manufacturing plants. Please allow up to five business days for processing.
In order to fulfill your certificate request, we ask that you complete our online Request Form, attach the supporting documentation, and submit it to our Agriculture Business Development Division. Please read through the entire request form for instruction and to ensure a timely completion. You can view examples of our standard certificate language above by viewing the templates below.