MAESTRO Energy Efficiency Grant
The Missouri Department of Agriculture (MDA) is now accepting applications for the Missouri Agriculture Energy Saving Team – a Revolutionary Opportunity (MAESTRO) grant, funded through the U.S. Department of Energy. The MAESTRO grant was created to help small farming operations across Missouri reduce energy use. Funding will be used to assist school districts with agriculture programs. Applications must be submitted by Sept. 1, 2022. The Department will grant awards up to a maximum of $10,000 per approved school.
The reimbursement grant provides funding to address particular energy-related issues in K-12 school agriculture facilities in Missouri. The goal of the grant is to ensure valuable energy-efficient upgrades are being made in Missouri school districts. Students, and their instructors, can use funding to create a work plan that addresses energy-related issues, then execute the work plan under an instructor’s supervision. Funds may be used to pay subject matter experts to conduct energy audits or train students, purchase supplies, or pay for labor required to carry out the work plan.
Allowable expenses include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Equipment, supplies and materials needed to increase energy efficiency in school agriculture shops, greenhouses or other agriculture facilities
- Training and educational workshops
- Contracting an organization to educate, train and assist students in conducting energy audits
- Materials needed to conduct energy audit
- Insulation (including labor needed to install insulation) in agriculture facilities
- Rehabilitating an aging greenhouse to be more energy efficient
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) updates to agriculture facilities
- Upgrading lighting in agriculture facilities to be more energy efficient
- Expanding current agriculture facilities
- New construction
- Supplement to staff or faculty wages
- Student payment
General Information and Submission Guidelines
Deadline for Submission:
Anticipated award date:
End of Grant Period Performance:
Reimbursement requests received by:
Sept. 1, 2022 @ 3 p.m.
Oct. 1, 2022
Dec. 1, 2023
Jan. 15, 2024
The Department will grant awards up to a maximum of $10,000 per approved school. Cash or in-kind matching contributions are not required.
Successful applicants must submit ALL required completed documentation by Jan. 15, 2024. Requirements include paid invoices and detailed receipts, a final reimbursement and performance report and a completion notice. Reimbursements will only be provided for expenditures accrued during the grant period and for receipts submitted for the approved project. Invoices must show a $0 balance and proof of payment. Receipts must include purchase details.
Questions and Applications may be submitted to:
Missouri Department of Agriculture
Attn: Rachel Heimericks
1616 Missouri Blvd
Jefferson City, MO 65109
Phone: (573) 522-1955