Missouri Value-Added “Farm to Table” Grant Program
The Missouri Value-Added “Farm to Table” Grant Program provides funding for Missouri businesses to access resources for accessing and processing locally grown agricultural products for use in institutions within the state. Grant applications will be considered from small businesses for resources including, but not limited to:
- Washing equipment,
- Bagging equipment,
- Packing equipment,
- Professional services for Good Agricultural Practices/Good Handling Practices (GAP/GHP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Analysis (HACCP) plan development.
How Does the Program Work?
Proposals will be selected on a competitive basis. Each proposal will be evaluated and rated using the following criteria:
- Economic development potential for the agricultural industry,
- Credibility and merit,
- Probability of near-term commercialization and practical application of project results,
- Presence, source and level of matching funds, and
- Where the project will have an economic impact
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis and are funded twice a year, in January and July.
- *To be considered for January, 2019 funding, applications must be received no later than October 1, 2018.
- *To be considered for July, 2019 funding, applications must be received no later than April 1, 2019.
Who is Eligible?
Eligible applicants must be a “Small Business” purchasing or processing “locally grown agricultural products” from a “small farmer” and whose primary market is institutions in this state.
“Small Business” is defined as a qualified agribusiness as defined in section 348.400 RSMo, and located in Missouri with gross annual sales of less than five million dollars.
“Institutions,” is defined as facilities including, but not limited to, schools, correctional facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, long-term care facilities, and military bases.
For a complete list of definitions and eligibility requirements, please see the complete Guidelines and Application Format available at the bottom of this page.
Grant Amount and Terms
The maximum grant to any small business is $200,000.
The program does not provide funds for:
- Paying off existing debt,
- Substituting existing efforts or purchases made prior to grant award date,
- Salaries or wages of grant applicant or employees of applicant’s small business,
- Agricultural product production costs,
- Operating expenses,
- Motor vehicles,
- Application fee or grant writing expenses (may be included as an in-kind match), or
- Travel or mileage expenses
A nonrefundable fee will be due with each application. The fee will be $150 for grant application requests of $25,000 or less and $300 for requests over $25,000. The application fee may be shown as part of the applicant’s in-kind matching funds. A 10% cash match toward the cost of the funded resource is required by the applicant.
For funded grant requests, a MASBDA grant administration fee is due equal to ten (10) percent of the total grant awarded. The fee is due when the Grant Agreement is signed. The MASBDA grant administration fee may be included as part of the applicant’s grant request, or if paid by the applicant, may be shown as part of the applicant’s internal matching expenditures.
The authority also administers the Missouri Value-Added Loan Guarantee Program.