ALL Agricultural Hemp Propagule & Seed Permits will expire on December 31, 2022. You will need a USDA hemp producer license:

  • IF you handle or transport viable industrial hemp propagules and seedlings.
  • If you ONLY sell seed, you will need to apply and receive a Missouri Seed license. To apply, visit or contact the Missouri Bureau of Feed & Seed at (573) 751-4310.
Annual Report

For Reporting Period: Nov. 1, 2021 – Oct. 31, 2022
Must be submitted by Nov. 15, 2022

Annual Report for Permit Holders

Distribution and Sales Report

Complete within thirty (30) days of each sale/distribution.

Submission only upon request. Will be reviewed upon inspection. Retain for three (3) years.

Certificates of Analysis (CoA)

Viable hemp that is produced out of state and brought into Missouri does not require submission of a CoA to the Department.

Permit holders are required to provide a copy of the corresponding CoA to the recipient or purchaser for all industrial hemp sold or distributed.


When transporting viable industrial hemp within Missouri, the following documentation must be included in the shipment:

  • Copy of your registration and/or permit
  • Certificate(s) of analysis, if applicable
  • Bill of lading or sales invoice, if applicable
  • Chain of custody (for samples)